The special potato variety Patatas Conde use for frying is Agria. This is the perfect potato for frying. In fact, it is the main variety for this type of cooking. Agria potatoes are oval and elongated, with a yellow flesh. This is a potato with a thin skin and low sugar content. These characteristics make it the best potato for frying.
These potatoes are mainly used for cooking widely consumed products: French fries, chips and Spanish tortillas… They are very demanded in the food industry and households.
Patatas Conde Agria potatoes are all produced in Spain.
Characteristics of the special potato for frying
- Variety: Agria
- Size: 45-80 mm
- Shape of the tuber: elongated oval
- Thin skin
- Flesh color: yellow
How to cook French fries
- First, peel the potatoes. Cut them into strips of 6-8 mm wide and high.
- Then wash the potatoes with cold water for 5 minutes. Strain them and let them dry.
- Pour olive oil (virgin or extra virgin) in a frying pan. Use enough to cover the potatoes and heat to 120º more or less. In order to know if the temperature is right, put a piece of bread in the oil. If the bread does not float quickly, then the temperature is right.
- When the oil is ready, add the potatoes little by little. That is to prevent the oil from getting cold.
- Fry the potatoes for 7 minutes. Then take the potatoes and place them on absorbent paper. The potatoes must not yet be brown.
- Raise the oil temperature to about 180º. Add the potatoes again and keep them on the heat for 3-4 minutes. This way they will get perfectly brown with a spectacular look.
- Strain them again before serving.
- Once this is done, just add salt and enjoy!