Are you one of those people who has a hard time waiting to remove the aluminum paper and eat some good roasted potatoes? Do you like to prepare delicious roasted potato recipes? This is your ideal choice.
How to make roasted potatoes is not a big deal. Roasted potatoes are easy to prepare and offer multiple options to combine with, both in terms of sauces as the meat of fish to go with. The secret lies in choosing good raw materials.
You can buy this potato HERE.
As we said, you can roast potatoes in two ways:
- Jacket potatoes. Prepare the aluminum paper and wrap the potatoes. This way we will protect the tuber from excess heating and the direct contact with the fire. By doing this, the heat is distributed evenly throughout the potato, leaving a very pleasant texture on the palate.
- Roasted potatoes. The oven gives us the ability to play, to be more creative. The cut, the time of roasting, the temperature, the sauces, and the condiments… there are multiple factors that we can use to be creative and get delicious flavors.
Characteristics of potatoes for roasting
- Size: 50-60 mm
- Shape of the tuber: oval
- Thin and light yellow to yellow skin
- Flesh color: light yellow
- Naturally washed
How to prepare roasted potatoes
How to prepare oven roasted potatoes
- First, wash the potatoes. Do not peel them. Wash with water and remove any remaining soil.
- Grease the bowl with olive oil.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise and salt them to taste. We can also add aromatic herbs. There are several options to choose from.
- Place the potatoes in the bowl with the skin upwards. This way we will ensure that the seasoned side is well impregnated with the oil.
- Now it is time to put them in the oven, which must have been previously heated to 180º. The potatoes will be roasting for about half an hour.
- After that time, check if they are ready, to do so focus on the skin (it should be wrinkled). If they also slide easily over the oil, we will know that they are ready to be taken out.
- The last step is to serve and enjoy.
How to prepare jacket potatoes
- First, wash the potatoes with water. Do not peel them.
- Wrap the potatoes in aluminum paper or silver foil. You name it.
- Place the potatoes on the coals (in a grill) or buried in them. There are two options.
- More or less, and depending on the amount of charcoal, let the potatoes cook for 50 minutes.
- Once we take the potatoes out of the fire, unwrap them with great care to avoid burning yourself. The trick to finding out if they are ready is to prick them. If they are soft, we can eat them.
- The last step is a matter of taste. Salt, always. You can choose the condiments. In our recipe book, we make some recommendations.