Find the potato for frying from Patatas Conde in this special package of 10 kg. In this package, you may find all the essence of the land in each potato.
These are Agria potatoes, highly valued for their perfect frying qualities, with yellow flesh and low sugar content. You may use them for cooking the best Spanish tortillas, French fries, and chips…
Characteristics of the potato for frying, 10 kg package
- Variety: Agria
- Size: 50-80 mm
- Shape of the tuber: elongated oval
- Thin skin
- Flesh color: yellow
How to cook French fries
- First, peel the potatoes and cut them into strips. 6-8 mm width and height is recommended.
- Wash the potatoes in cold water to remove excess starch, about 5 minutes or so. Let them strain and dry.
- Pour plenty of oil in the frying pan so that it covers the potatoes completely; put it to heat until it reaches a temperature of 120-140º. It is recommended to use virgin or extra virgin olive oil (which can be reused several times). To calculate the temperature of the oil just add a piece of bread to the frying pan. When the bread stays on the bottom it means the oil is at 140º. Otherwise, if the bread goes to the surface, it means the oil is already at 175º.
- Once the oil has reached the desired temperature, pour the potatoes into the frying pan little by little, so that the oil does not cool down if many are added at the same time.
- After frying for about 7 minutes, take the potatoes and place them on absorbent paper. The potatoes should be soft and yellowish, not brown yet.
- Increase the temperature of the oil (that we have previously strained in order to remove small pieces of potato that may have remained) until it reaches 180º approx. You can make the test again with the bread. Add the potatoes and let them brown on the outside for 3 or 4 minutes. The potatoes will be perfect, well browned on the outside and soft in the inside.
- Strain again and remove excess oil with kitchen paper before serving.
- If you do not want to waste a lot of time doing all the previous steps, you can make the first fry in the morning and put them aside and a few hours later fry them a second time to make them crispy. You will get some spectacular French fries.
- Add salt to the potatoes once you take them from the frying pan, just before consuming.